D7 VJ Device Description|
This device is a browser based VJ tool that can mix flash format movies. Users can select any of 8 preset clips from the Dimension 7 library to mix with, or type in the specific internet address of a flash movie, starting with "http://" and ending in ".swf". It is designed for broadband users; it is not recommended for use on slow internet connections. Loading larger files will result in longer loading times.
1. Main window. Your VJ mix appears here.
2,3. Left and Right channel thumbnail previews. Clicking on these will enable a row of preset animation thumbnails and enable the URL selector in the main window (1). Whichever side you select will be updated with whatever appears in the URL window when (7) is pressed.
4. Preset transitions. Clicking any one of the 8 rounded buttons will automatically wipe to the other channel with an effect overlay.
5. Crossfader buttons. Click left crossfader button to mix to the left channel (2) and right crossfader button to mix to the right right channel (3). Clicking on the crossfader buttons during a preset transition will terminate the transition.
6. Skin selector. This toggles between various colored cases for the device. Every other click restores original device coloring.
7. LOAD button. clicking on this button will activate the URL window and preset thumbnails in the main window if not visible. When the thumbnails and URL window are visible inside of the main window, clicking on the load button will stream whatever URL is in the URL window into the channel thumbnail (2 or 3) last selected. Any flash movie URL ending in .swf can be loaded; type in full address starting with http:// and ending in .swf. Selecting a preset animation from the thumbnails at the bottom of window will update this field.
note: There are no audio controls built into this unit.